Thursday, September 24, 2009

My review of THE SILENT HOUR in the Nelson Mail

A review I wrote of young American crime writer Michael Koryta's latest in his award-winning Lincoln Perry series, THE SILENT HOUR, was published in yesterday's issue of the Nelson Mail newspaper. You can read the review HERE.

In THE SILENT HOUR, private investigator Perry is asked by Parker Harrison - a convicted killer and former parolee at the serene and now-defunct Whisper Ridge centre - to find centre owner Alexandra, who disappeared with her husband after the failure of the parolee program. When Perry discovers that skeletal remains of Alexandra's husband were found at the same time Harrison asked Perry to try and locate her, the police investigation becomes active again, and a decade-old threats starts circling...

You can read an extract of THE SILENT HOUR here.

THE SILENT HOUR was my first experience of Michael Koryta, who has had a lot of acclaim in his young authorial career. I was impressed, and will be reading more of his novels.

Have you read Michael Koryta? What do you think of Lincoln Perry as a protagonist? Are the comparisons to Lehane and Connelly accurate? What do you think of my review?

Comments welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any Koryta but would like to after reading your review. I also read the extract which definitely makes me want to go out and buy it NOW. The suspense begins right there. I also like complex and intriguing characters which would make me buy it anyway. Thanks for your review and post. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete