Friday, October 16, 2009

Getting your hands on Kiwi crime fiction from overseas

Well over the weeks since I started this blog, I've had several comments or emails about sourcing New Zealand crime fiction overseas, given that much of it is only currently available in New Zealand and Australia (or Germany, in translation).

Ngaio Marsh is a bit easier to find overseas, Paul Cleave has now been released in the UK at last, and Joan Druett has been published in the USA, but there are plenty of other great Kiwi authors that you won't be able to find in overseas bookstores, or even on Amazon or online stores like that. That's one of the reasons I ran my competition a few weeks ago, to give people a chance to get their hands on some New Zealand crime fiction and give it a go.

Today I was surfing the 'net, looking for some information on a Kiwi writer, and I stumbled across a pretty cool online bookstore, based in New Zealand, that actually has a surprisingly large array of locally-written crime fiction available (including many books that are hard to find in stores here), and delivers worldwide.
It's called New Zealand Books Abroad, and you can check out their crime selection HERE.
In terms of full disclosure, I have no affiliation whatsoever with this store, and in fact only found out about them very recently. I was surprised by their choice of titles, and the worldwide delivery, so I thought I'd let you readers know about them. If you're keen on trying some NZ crime fiction that isn't yet easily available in your location, it could be a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment