So those in the Auckland area that can't make it along to see Lee Child speak at his Takapuna event on Sunday 11 April at 7pm, can instead head along to a "Books and Bubbles" event at the Ellerslie Racecourse the next evening at 6:15pm. Of course if you can't make it along to either of these public events, there are six separate book signings on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (11-13 April) that Lee Child is in Auckland. You can see the list of book signings here.
The Books and Bubbles events are an initiative of Paper Plus, one of the major bookstore retail chains in New Zealand. Often these events are hosted by Paper Plus's celebrity book reviewer Kerre Woodham, but in this case it will be hosted by bestselling author, TV and radio host Justin Brown. The tickets are NZ$35, and include a glass of 'bubbles' on arrival, and a goodie bag to take away. Lee will speak, and the audience will have an opportunity to ask questions, and get books signed etc. You can purchase tickets for this event from here.
I will be heading along to the Takapuna event, which I understand is being hosted by the always-excellent Graham "Bookman" Beattie - but this second Auckland event looks great as well. And it's great to see Kiwi crime and thriller fiction fans get even more of a chance to meet one of the biggest names in the business.
With this additional confirmed Auckland event, the full list of Lee Child's tour events and book signings is now as follows:
- Auckland - Sunday, 11 April, 7pm: Rosmini College Auditorium, 36 Dominion St, Takapuna. Tickets $15 from http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/ or at door
- AUCKLAND - Monday, 12 April, 6.15pm: Ellerslie Events Centre. Tickets $35 available online at booksandbubbles.co.nz Includes glass of bubbles on arrival (added event)
- Wellington - Tuesday, 13 April, 6pm: Duxton Hotel. Tickets $20 (includes glass of wine) phone 0800 50 50 90
- Nelson - Wednesday, 14 April, 6pm: The Boathouse.Tickets $5 tickets from Page & Blackmore booksellers
- Christchurch - Thursday, 15 April, 7pm: James Hay Theatre, Christchurch Town Hall. Tickets $15 from Ticketek on sale from 24 March
- Dunedin - Friday, 16 April, 6.30pm: Dunedin Public Art Gallery. Tickets $40 single; $70 double (includes wine-tasting and nibbles) from Paper Plus, George St
Sunday, 11 April (Auckland)
11am-12 noon: The Warehouse, Albany
1pm-2pm: The Warehouse, Westgate
2.30pm-3.30pm: The Warehouse, Sylvia Park
Monday, 12 April (Auckland)
1-1.30pm: Dymocks, Broadway, Newmarket
Tuesday, 13 April (Auckland)
12.00-12.30pm: Borders, Queen St
1.00-1.30pm: Whitcoulls Corner, Queen St
Wednesday, 14 April (Wellington)
12 noon-12.30pm: Whitcoulls, Lambton Quay
1pm-1.30pm: Borders, Lambton Quay
Thursday, 15 April (Christchurch)
11.30am-12 noon: Borders, Riccarton Mall
12.00pm-12.30pm: Paper Plus, Riccarton Mall
1pm-1.45pm: Whitcoulls, 111 Cashel St
Friday, 16 April (Dunedin)
12 noon: Whitcoulls, 143 George St
1pm: Paper Plus, 251 George St
So, NZ-based Crime Watch readers, who's heading along to one of these events or book signings?