Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Peter Robinson on Good Morning (TVNZ)

Some of you may have seen my feature article for the Weekend Herald on Saturday, which highlighted two fantastic British crime writers - Peter James and Peter Robinson. As well as being terrific authors, both of these gentleman were an absolute delight to chat to; funny, down-to-earth, and generous with their time.

I know there are a lot of Peter Robinson fans here in New Zealand, so I thought I would also share this with you; the creator of Inspector Banks appeared on the popular Good Morning show on TVNZ this morning, to talk a bit about his latest novel BAD BOY, and other topics - you can watch his 7mins interview here (note, you'll need Adobe Flash Player 10.1 to watch it).

You can also watch a video trailer for BAD BOY, and another interview with Robinson talking about the writing of this latest Inspector Banks tale, here. Hopefully we will see Robinson down here in New Zealand again soon.

Are you an Inspector Banks fan? What did you think of the interview(s)? Are you going to read BAD BOY (or have already read it)? Thoughts and comments welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Craig,

    Since I've read all of his novels so far, and a collection of his short stories, I guess I will get around to reading his latest.

    I hear that there is a dramatization of his novel, _Aftermath_, either in the works or completed which I would like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fred,

    Yes, I understand it's going to be an ITV showing, starring Stephen Tompkinson of 'Wild at Heart' and 'Ballykissangel' fame.

    Should be screened this year, I believe. Not entirely sure when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig,

    I hope either netflix or the library picks it up.

    ReplyDelete