Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Meet the man behind the next Bond book

As some of you will be aware, American thriller writer Jeffery Deaver has been tapped to continue the literary adventures of Britain's most famous fictional spy, James Bond.

Today there is a great article in USA Today where Carol Memmott talks to Deaver about how he, someone who "looks more like a brainy villain in a James Bond movie than a '00' agent in Her Majesty's secret service" got picked to breathe new life into one of the world's most famous fictional characters. Deaver also reveals a few snippets and hints about the next Bond book, to be released in May next year.

You can read the interesting article in full here, and also watch a video of Deaver above. Hat tip to Bookman Beattie for the heads-up about the great article.

What do you think of Jeffery Deaver writing the next James Bond book? Are you a Bond fan (books or movies)? Do you like Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series, or other novels? What do you think of continuing series once the original author has passed on?

2 comments:

  1. I like Jeffery Deaver's books but he doesn't immediately strike me as an obvious choice to carry on the James Bond series. Admittedly, I haven't read Ian Fleming's books only seen the Bond movies so maybe his style is more suited than I realise. I'll certainly be curious to read Deaver's take on the iconic spy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply do not read such books. As far as I'm concerned once an author has died their work is finished and their characters and settings are done with. So I won't be reading any of Deaver's Bond books even though I quite like his Lincoln Rhyme novels.

    ReplyDelete