The winning entrant will receive an exciting package of prizes, including the opportunity to meet and mingle with best selling crime writers at Crimefest 2012, an annual celebration of crime writing which takes place in Bristol. The final stage of the competition will be judged by Tom Harper, the 2010-11 Chair of the CWA, and multi-award winning crime writer Martin Edwards.
Those remaining in contention are:
- ‘A Cordial Encounter’ by Charlotte Gordon age 15 of Thurso
- ‘A Cushion Out Of Place’ by Claudia Hyde age 15 of London
- ‘The Photograph’ by George Neame age 15 of Bognor Regis
- ‘Reasons’ by Caroline Angus age 14 of Carlisle
- ‘A Girl I Once Knew’ by Beth Tucker age 15 of Newton Abbot
- ‘Reaction’ by Laura Aldworth-Beswick age 16 of Manchester
- ‘She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint’ by Laura Waters age 14 of Isle of Man
- ‘Severing Ties’ by Jessica Cooper age 17 of Nantwich
- ‘The End’ by Lily Scanlan age 17 of Invergordon
- ‘The Witness’ by Emily Lumbard age 11 of Bristol
- ‘Button’ by Aileigh MacGregor age 13 of Buckie
- ‘Anarchy’ by Connor Sterling age 13 of Darlington
- ‘A Dreamer’s Nightmare’ by Rachael Wallis age 17 of Frome
The competition is sponsored by CRIMEFEST, Britain’s international crime fiction convention.
For more information visit www.crimefest.com.
If writers have a Crime Writing Week event in mind, they will be able to log the details on a national map of events at nationalcrimewritingweek.co.uk
National Crime Writing Week will be coordinated by CWA press officer John Dean at email@example.com
For press enquiries or more information on the CWA, please visit the website, www.thecwa.co.uk