Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet John Hart at Takapuna Library!

After booklovers in Canterbury got to meet Edgar and Dagger Award-winning crime writer John Hart on Sunday at the terrific and well-attended "Setting the Stage for Murder" event, now Aucklanders have their chance to meet this rising star of the world crime writing scene. Hart will be making one public appearance in Auckland, tonight at the Takapuna Library.

The Takapuna Library is renowned for hosting some great events with visiting writers - in the past year crime writers Simon Kernick, Peter James, and Michael Robotham have all made crowd-pleasing appearances there, and since I returned from overseas a little over two and a half years ago the Takapuna Library line-up has also included Linwood Barclay, Tom Rob Smith, Gregg Hurwitz, and others. The evenings are always great fun, and pretty casual, giving attendees a good chance to hang out with the author, get books signed, ask some questions, and more.

Tonight's event is scheduled for 6.30pm, with drinks and nibbles beginning at 6pm. It's only $5, or $2 if you're a Friend of the Library. So great value, and a great chance to meet a superb international author.

You can read my recent New Zealand Listener feature article on Hart here, my review of IRON HOUSE, his fourth and latest novel, here, and my 9mm interview with Hart, here.

If you're in the Auckland area, it would be terrific to see you in Takapuna tonight!

1 comment:

  1. As a huge fan of John Hart, following his debut with King of Lies, I raced to obtain and read Down River. Those two reads etched the name John Hart in my brain under the heading "Favorite Writers". I looked forward to The Last Child for months and cannot express how disappointed I am with both the story and the writing. Many of my criticisms, even if general, would give away the essence of this story so I will refrain from too much of that here. It would be unfair to those of you who will go on and read it anyway. And you should, because you need to form your own opinion if Hart's previous two books thrilled you as much as it did me.

    ReplyDelete