Tuesday, March 13, 2012

COLD WIND by CJ Box (review)

This year, one of my resolutions is to write more longer and in-depth reviews of the crime fiction I read. Last year I read 88 crime novels, but many of my reviews were 100 or 200 words in length, for the likes of the Herald on Sunday and Good Reading. While it's great to get plenty of crime fiction reviews into such publications, and in front of readers, it's also good I think to have more space to talk more about books.

So in 2012 I will be including more longer reviews - my own and those of others - here on Crime Watch, and I will also go back to writing more reviews for other excellent websites such as EuroCrime and Reviewing the Evidence, who I have reviewed for in the past.

You may have seen my new Crime Watch review format in action already, with longer reviews already this year of BOUND by Vanda Symon, BACK OF BEYOND by CJ Box, THE DYING HOUR by Rick Mofina, and THE DROP by Michael Connelly.

Now I am happy to share that the first in what will hopefully be many more long reviews for other excellent crime fiction focused websites this year - my review of CJ Box's latest Joe Pickett tale, COLD WIND - has been published on Reviewing the Evidence

COLD WIND by CJ Box (Berkeley, 2012)
Renewable energy meets murderous motives in the latest instalment of award-winning CJ Box's superb series starring Wyoming game warden Joe Pickett. Multi-millionaire developer and media mogul Earl Alden isn't the most popular man in Twelve Sleep County, so when his lifeless body is found shot and hanging from one of the garish 250-foot high windmills he owned, in theory there should be plenty of suspects.
READ MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment