In a couple of hours I'm off to the first of his events, which is being held in Takapuna tonight at 7pm (Rosmini College Auditorium). It will be a truly fantastic evening, as it being MC-ed by highly-regarded NZ book industry stalwart and blogger Graham Beattie.
I understand from a discussion I had with Beattie earlier this week, that Lee Child will be reading from his latest book, there will be a lengthy (40mins or so) onstage interview, discussion, and time for questions from the audience, and then attendees will have the opportunity to have their books personally signed by Lee Child. So it should be a great night. The first of many over the coming week.
I understand the Wellington and Nelson events have already sold out, but there are tickets still left to both Auckland events, tonight and tomorrow night. I'm not sure at this stage about the Christchurch and Dunedin events - but whatever the case, thousands of Kiwis will be getting a chance to meet Child this week. The full list of Lee Child's tour events is as follows:
- Auckland - Sunday, 11 April, 7pm: Rosmini College Auditorium, 36 Dominion St, Takapuna. Tickets $15 at door
- Auckland - Monday, 12 April, 6.15pm: Ellerslie Events Centre. Tickets $35 available online at booksandbubbles.co.nz Includes glass of bubbles on arrival
- Wellington - Tuesday, 13 April, 6pm: Duxton Hotel. Tickets SOLD OUT!
- Nelson - Wednesday, 14 April, 6pm: The Boathouse.Tickets SOLD OUT!
- Christchurch - Thursday, 15 April, 7pm: James Hay Theatre, Christchurch Town Hall. Tickets $15 from Ticketek
- Dunedin - Friday, 16 April, 6.30pm: Dunedin Public Art Gallery. Tickets $40 single; $70 double (includes wine-tasting and nibbles) from Paper Plus, George St
So, NZ-based Crime Watch readers, who's heading along to one of these events or book signings?