Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Talking about Kiwi crime: my Radio NZ interview



Today I was interviewed by Jim Mora for the "Critical Mass" section of his popular Afternoons programme on Radio New Zealand. We talked about New Zealand crime fiction, including a little about the establishment of the Ngaio Marsh Award for Best Crime Novel, an off-the-cuff mini-review by me of each of the four finalists, and a brief discussion about where things are headed.

Jim is a great interviewer, and I felt completely at ease - which was good because I hadn't prepared anything, and didn't realise I was going to have to talk about each of the four finalists individually, in a mini-review type of way. Hopefully I did the books and authors justice. Listening back over the interview (click above to listen), I am pretty happy with how it went - not too many 'ums' and 'ahs', and I managed to refrain from swearing or stumbling over my words much.

Hope you enjoy the interview. Feedback always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment